Fine Art/lithograph authenticity

Question
Dear Alan,

Thanks for your expertise in this forum. I recently purchased a
Picasso lithograph (the blue dove) that is unsigned but appears
to be authentic in all other respects. It is on arches paper and
has a small embossed copyright statement in french "editions
combat pour la paix copyright S.P.A.D.E.M. Paris." It is not
signed. Do you think this is a pulled or offset litho? Can you
muse the possible circumstance for this piece?

Thanks for your help,
Rick

Answer
Rick--I have looked through every page of my Picasso Catalog of Lithographs, published by F. Mourlot.  There is no record of such an edition.  I may or not be a pulled lithograph, but certainly was not pulled by or under the auspices of Picasso.  That image was such a world-wide popular one, and so easy to knock off, who knows what's out there?  I hope you didn't pay much.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Check out Alan's latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit