Fine Art/lithograph of george romney's

Question
I purchased a lithograph of george romney's "the Spinstress" at a yard sale several years ago. I did trace it back to being made at a studio in London betweeen 1895 and 1900,when the studio was open. I would like to find out the value of it for insurance purposes. I did have it framed and behind glass. Also,it was done in brown tones.Was this common for reproductions of it's day? I live near wichita,ks. Do you know of anyone in the area that I could take it to?  

Answer
Dear

I hope all is well with you. I located a George Romney antique print that is currently on EBay titled: Lady Hamilton as a Spinster. It is in sepia (brown tone) and may be similar to your print. Take a look at it and see if this is your print: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250012136765&fromMakeTrack=tr.

Walker Museum in England has a large exhibition of Romney’s work at: www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/.../emmageorge.asp.  You can also email The Romney Society for more information on your print: martin@orrom.net

As far as a local Wichita resource, I would contact the Urich Museum of Art at Wichita State University: http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=ulrich&p=generalinformation. They should be able to give you information on local appraisers. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley