Fine Art/lithograph of george romney's

I purchased a lithograph of george romney's "the Spinstress" at a yard sale several years ago. I did trace it back to being made at a studio in London betweeen 1895 and 1900,when the studio was open. I would like to find out the value of it for insurance purposes. I did have it framed and behind glass. Also,it was done in brown tones.Was this common for reproductions of it's day? I live near wichita,ks. Do you know of anyone in the area that I could take it to?  

I hope all is well with you. I located a George Romney antique print that is currently on EBay titled: Lady Hamilton as a Spinster. It is in sepia (brown tone) and may be similar to your print. Take a look at it and see if this is your print:

Walker Museum in England has a large exhibition of Romney’s work at:  You can also email The Romney Society for more information on your print:

As far as a local Wichita resource, I would contact the Urich Museum of Art at Wichita State University: They should be able to give you information on local appraisers. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.