Fine Art/louis Icart

Hello. My friend came across a huge stack of Louis Icart prints in her grandfathers basement(he passed away). They all have his signature on the lower right(looks like its printed the exact same way on every one) and they also have raised stamps on the lower left corners. Are the raised stamps indicators of original prints? How can one be sure?

Icart etchings are quite common in the art world.  Yes, the windmill stamp is indicitive of Icart prints.  They can sell for anywhere between $250 and $3000 depending on condition, rarity and comprehensiveness (if that's a word).

Best of luck,

Jeremy Mooer

Art evaluations. Appraisals for insurance purposes. General art questions. We're here to help you.

Experience is made of dealers and gallery owners who have been buying and selling art for many years. We are a team of professionals available to answer your questions.