Fine Art/For the love of art

Question
Hi. Im from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I have a deep desire to learn about artworks, especially decorative art. Art as I see it is something that not only defines a culture but also provides a mean to merge different cultures.

I'd like to create artwork or resell different types of artwork from the world over, starting with digital artworks since they are new here and affordable. Any advice on how to get started? For example, how do i assess an artwork and decide it is worthy to the local art community?

Ps. pardon me if my question sounds naive, i'm new to this but am very enthusiatic.  

Answer
If you want to create art, it should be what is your creative vision.  If you really mean, "for the love of art," that is especially true.  The successful artists have their vision, rather than trying to figure out what will sell.  Having said that, to familiarize yourself with art, look at museums online in various countries.  There is no "book" out there for assessing art work.  It is an arduous, time-consuming process, requiring years of experience.  There are many books on art, too, including art by the masters, who chronically show the direction of art, because great art crosses national and geographic boundaries [Beethoven, Picasso, for example, are known the world over].  I like your enthusiasm and am not bothered by your naivite,but can't provide you with a magic potion to cut down a evolutionary, years in process, task, to a few "how to's."

Alan Klevit