Fine Art/marc chagall

Question
i have a marc chagall tribe of issachar number in engish as 17/25 or maybe 27 it is signed on the right handside in pencil, on the left it has something in french d'artiste 17/25 how much do you think it is worth

Answer
Karrie--sketchy info, but it sounds like you might have an artist proof, 'epreuve d'artiste' in French, of a lithograph from the Jerusalem Windows [Twelve Tribes].  No "Issachar" piece has come up for auction in a few years, but if you indeed have a piece from that suite, it could be worth $10-20 thousand.  I suggest you call Sotheby's or Christie's, who could estimate its auction price based on their extensive auction files.  Also, they would want much more detal, eg, size, litho vs etching.  Good luck.  Alan

Alan Klevit