Fine Art/marc chagall

Question
alan i had asked alittle bit ago about what you thought our marc chagall tribe of issachar would be worth.  i have a new question about this print you said it could be worth between $10,000 and $20,000.  i have had some people tell me that its only worth $3000 how do i sell this print for a fair price to me.  we need to sell it fast can you suggest anything.  i have found out that it is a solier edition artist proof signed and numbered 17/25.  confused and lost....

Answer
Karrie--I 'guesstimated' full retail.  The internet, where people have no overhead, and there are people out there who might have bought the piece many years ago at a fraction of today's numbers, can sell for much lower prices, well, let's say, I'm glad I no longer operate 4 galleries.  Sorlier's pieces are based on Chagall paintings.  Chagall worked with Charles for 50 years.  Nothing wrong with a Sorlier, although they bring less than an original Chagall.  And remember, Chagall thought enough of how Charles depicted the originals, he [Chagall] was willing to sign his name to them, attesting to their quality and representation.  All that said, try EBay, probably your best bet.  Good luck.  Alan

Alan Klevit