Fine Art/marc chagall lithograph

Question
Hi there.

About 15 years ago, my husband and I picked up a signed Chagall lithograph in Johannesburg, South AFrica.  We are attempting to find out the value of the art piece, but cannot find any pictures on the internet which matches. It is 14/18 and is black bacground with white artwork -- it looks like a self portrait.  

Can you pls advise either (1) how we can find a good appraiser here in South Africa, or (2) where on the internet we can find information on the value of the piece.  Thanks for your assistance.  

Answer
I am not familiar with the art scene in South Africa and cannot help regarding an apprqaiser there.  Your best bet is to contact Sotheby's or Christie's Auction houses and say you are interested in selling a Chagall--what do they think it might bring at auction.  I am concerned about 14/18--a quick perusal of my Chagall catalogs did not reveal any editions in that size.  Good luck.  Alan.

Alan Klevit