Fine Art/marc chagall

Question
I recently inherited a Marc Chagall painting.  I was wondering if his signatures varied throughout his artwork.  He signed it in print making the c look like a z.  I noticed that some of his other artwork is signed in cursive.  My grandmother would most likely not purchase a fake, but who knows.  Any help that you can provide would be appreciated- thanks Heather  

Answer
Hello Heather,

I hope this finds you well. Chagall has signed various ways, including just his initials. Can you send me photos of the painting and the signature to my e-mail; dolly12@aol.com? I can compare to the signature files I have on Chagall and I would also LOVE to see the painting! He is one of my favorite artists.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley