Fine Art/margaret "magie" rhymal/cummins

Question
hi --- i inherited two really beautiful oil paintings - i am currently trying to ascertain who and where i can find an excellent conservator in the los angeles area for cleaning and some repairs -- but i am off my subject --- the paintings are 1) "flamingos among the palms" and the other 2) being of swans in a pond with the reeds growing up around them ---- they are very close in that ive always thought of them as a pair - identical size and painting --- but if you search for (1) you can find almost identical prints on several web sites, http://www.grandmas-attic.com/birds.html and another,
http://www.aileenannecollections.com/Flamingo-Among-The-Palms-Print_p_122-1768.h

these prints/paintings for sale at the above are obviously new --- but what i assume are originals were painted by my great great great aunt maggie rhymal possibly in the hamilton ontario area - i also have to assume they were done around the mid 1800's --- i am having a difficult time finding any reference to her or possibly another artist that she may have copied from back then -- otherwise, she would be the original artist ---- i am kinda rambling here and i apologize --- but if you can advise of any information it would be greatly appreciated .... thanks, terry, palmdale, california

Answer
Dear Terry,

I cannot find any biographical references for your aunt and this usually means she was not an exhibited artist.  I propose that the works you have are simply painted copies created by your aunt as she want probably not the artist who came up with the original concept.  I suggest asking antique dealers in your area who they would recommend to restore the paintings.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke