Fine Art/name of artist

Question
I recently bought a pastel print/painting of a baby - it is done in soft pastels and is raised.  very beautiful and the seller told me the name of the artist - however I have forgotten.  She said that this was one of the artist's done of a black baby - very rare.  The name of the painting is on the bottom "Chuckles".  How do I find the name of the painter?

Answer
Hello Peg,

I hope you are fine in health and spirit. Your artist is the wonderful Bessie Pease Gutmann and you are correct that it is a rare image of hers. Google her name and you will get all kinds of information on the artist. Add “Chuckles” and you will get some current info on your print. I hope this information is helpful.

Kind regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley