Fine Art/last night of the war by F. C. YOHN

I recently pick this print up at an auction I'm curios to se if it has much value it's a very good print. thank you

Dear Glenn,

The fact that you like the print makes it very good. I researched the image and artist. The original painting is in the Marine Corps Art Collection and it states that the image is not available as a print. I checked on Yohn (Frederick Coffay Yohn, (1875-1933)), and cannot locate any sales of his work in original prints (engraving or lithograph). Therefore I believe you might have an image that has been reproduced by unknown printers. Some famous paintings are engraved later by other artists, but you should be able to see another artists name on the piece if it was done as an engraving. You may want to take the print to a local antique/art gallery and get their opinion on the type of printing and opinion on value.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.