Fine Art/last night of the war by F. C. YOHN

Question
I recently pick this print up at an auction I'm curios to se if it has much value it's a very good print. thank you

Answer
Dear Glenn,

The fact that you like the print makes it very good. I researched the image and artist. The original painting is in the Marine Corps Art Collection and it states that the image is not available as a print. I checked on Yohn (Frederick Coffay Yohn, (1875-1933)), and cannot locate any sales of his work in original prints (engraving or lithograph). Therefore I believe you might have an image that has been reproduced by unknown printers. Some famous paintings are engraved later by other artists, but you should be able to see another artists name on the piece if it was done as an engraving. You may want to take the print to a local antique/art gallery and get their opinion on the type of printing and opinion on value.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley