Fine Art/ocean painting

Ocean Painting
Ocean Painting  
I purchased this ocean oil on canvas painting 6 years ago at an antique store on Amelia Island, Florida. It is obviously not a Florida coastline and I would like to find out more if possible. The artist signed only the name "Berry." There is no other writing on it. The canvas and frame appear old. The painting is approximately 42" x 24".

Dear Jayne, This is furniture store art, created in an "art" factory. There are more than 700 art factories in Hong Kong alone, not to mention the rest of Asia, Eastern Europe, and Mexico. No such artist, the names are made-up. Good for your next yard sale.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.