Fine Art/oil painting

Question
I purchased an old home. Upstairs, under the glass top of a desk, I found a Porfirio Salinas-1966 painting of a country scene-pond, trees. It is canvass on cardboard (12x16). It is somewhat faded and has small places across the top where the paint has come off. When I first found it, I immediately took it out and placed it into a frame. It now hangs in my living room out of the sun.
My question, is this of value?

Answer
Dear Kim,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes