Fine Art/oil painting

QUESTION: I have a oil painting that is big stretched on wood. It is signed in lower left hand corner by a person named Roland, no initials etc. The frame is from 40's to 60's , but I am guessing. The picture is of a harbor with yellow hues, beautiful
ANSWER: Hello Patricia,

It is very difficult to identify a painting by using only a name.  I have a few questions:  1.  What is the provenance, or history, of the work?  2.  Where are you located?  Is there any writing or labels on the back of the work?  Are you able to send me a digital image of the front and back of the work?

Cheers,  Brent

QUESTION: yes I can send you digital pictures. I tried on this site but will not let me can you send me another e-mail address thta will accept pictures. I do not know anything about this painting. It was in my grandfather's stuff. Wrapped really well.
ANSWER: Hello Patricia,

Send to .

I sent you digital photo's today through the e-mail address you sent. I really appreciate your time. I also would like to remark about your gallery. I researched you and your establishment is very very nice and reputable. Thanks again

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for the images and for the compliment.  I am not sure who the artist was that painted your painting.  It is not Roland Gissing, he signed his work Gissing, and it is not by Swiss artist Rolli Roland for he painted with a completely different style.

Cheers,  Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.