Fine Art/oil painting W Barry or W Burry?

Question
Trying to identify an oil painting and really appreciate any help you can give. Painting bought at auction in Scotland. Landscape shore scene of mountains and inlets with  fishing boat with man on far right and 3 very tiny boats (junks?) that look just like a sail and another very faint outline of a black ship with smoke coming out right in middle but in distance.  Signature bottom left looks like W Burry and date MAYBE says 1882 but really unclear.  Are there perhaps any sites you know of that I could look at the artist's work with this name or similar name/  Appreciate any help you may give me.
Thank you very much
Mrs Linda Cameron

Answer
Dear Linda, The internet sites to research artists and artists' names are all subscription.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes