Fine Art/oil painting by wood

My wife recently purchased an oil painting which is signed in the bottom right hand corner 'wood '. Have looked on the net without any luck, wondered if you could help. It's an oil painting on canvas of what looks like an american landscape.

Dear Malcolm,

Wood is a common name and there are many listed artists with the last name Wood.  I suggest showing the work to an art dealer/appraiser in your area so that a proper investigation can be carried out.  You may also email high quality images of the front and back of the work to .  Be sure to note the size, title and any other distinguishing features in your email.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.