Fine Art/oil painting by wood

Question
My wife recently purchased an oil painting which is signed in the bottom right hand corner 'wood '. Have looked on the net without any luck, wondered if you could help. It's an oil painting on canvas of what looks like an american landscape.

Answer
Dear Malcolm,

Wood is a common name and there are many listed artists with the last name Wood.  I suggest showing the work to an art dealer/appraiser in your area so that a proper investigation can be carried out.  You may also email high quality images of the front and back of the work to brent@landogallery.com .  Be sure to note the size, title and any other distinguishing features in your email.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke