Fine Art/oil painting

Question
I understand no work after 1940--but I cannot find anywhere else to go perhaps you could guide me.  We have a large  framed oil painting by Ingfried Henze.  I guess he is also Morro.  It was inherited and I have absolutely no interest in it.  How do I determine the value so I could sell it?  It appears to have been purchased in the 1960's for $800.  It is a landscape scene approx 40 inches by 29 inches.  It is perfect and the ornate large frame I'm sure would cost over the $800 to do now.  What should I do

Answer
Dear Gina, As you noted this is past my area of expertise. My best suggestion is that you take your painting to an auction house in your area that regularly sells paintings. They can give you an approximate value, and offer it for sale.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes