Fine Art/oil paintings on canvas

Question
Roberts 74
Roberts 74  
QUESTION: Hi, I have two oil paintings approx. L 9" W 10and1/2". They ase not prints or reproductions. I have had them 30 years.
I can't find any info about them. They are of the "Nimble Rabbit" which is written in french on one. They are street scenes. I love these paintings and would like to know more about them. They are simply signed Roberts 74. The detail in the scenes are beautiful.

ANSWER: Hello Jan,

Thank you for the images and information.  I do not recognize the artist and many artists have the name 'Roberts.'  What area of the world are these works from?

Cheers Brent

QUESTION: Thank you for your email. I am located in Indianapolis, In. USA. I bought these at a estate sale 30+ years ago. I cannot locate any type of information about them. No other maekings are present.

Answer
Hello Jan,

Thank you for the additional information.  I checked for artists in your region from the 1970s named Roberts and the couple that I found could not have painted your paintings.  The works could simply be paintings by an amateur artist that is not known - there are many.  If I come across anything more I will let you know.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke