Fine Art/old european oil painting

Please I have been trying to identify this possibly Dutch?, painting through books, etc. There is no link or instructions for an attachment. How do I address photo attchment?
No artist signature is apparent. Is it possible the canvas may have been trimmed? It appears quite old and there is evidence of repairs. Any thing you can tell me about the style, period, origin would be most appreciated.  oil on oncanvas / 32"ht. X 24"wdth.

Dear Richard, Your painting is from the fourth quarter of the 19th century, most likely Italian, possibly Austrian. It has been reduced in size and has considerable damage. The artist is of modest talent. Genre paintings are not in great demand at this time especially Continental of lesser artists. If it were mine I would spend no more time on it, and put it in a local auction for whatever I could get.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.