Fine Art/old madonna painting

Question
Greetings,I need help identifying an old madonna and child painting found in the garage when I moved into this home. It is like 4"X3", all wooden framed with very thick fabric canvass in oil. I recognize the darkness on the front as wax build up, so I am sure this came from a church. I was told it cam over from the east with an organ that was given away in a covered wagon. The only distinguishing mark is a wax on the upper right side on the back of the painting. The seal is of a shield crest with three stripes. If possible I would like to show you the photos. It also has two damage spots, damaged but treated somehow and it still looks very nice. Thank you. Daniel

Answer
Hi Anthony,
I look forward to seeing it.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes