Fine Art/old oil painting

I bought an old painting at an auction that was in the orginial frame.  The nails that are used are handmade, square. The frame is gold and very ornate.  On the back of the painting is Cauterskill creek, Looks like JF Widgery or Widjery underneath that it says catskill mts.  I can email you a picture of it if you like. The size is about 6x9.  there is some damage (some of the painting on the side has rubbed off and I would like to get it repaired if possible, if it is worth it.

Thanks for your time

Dear Michelle, I would be glad to help you. You can send jpg attachments to my email
An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature and any inscriptions and labels. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.