Fine Art/old oil painting

Question
I bought an old painting at an auction that was in the orginial frame.  The nails that are used are handmade, square. The frame is gold and very ornate.  On the back of the painting is Cauterskill creek, Looks like JF Widgery or Widjery underneath that it says catskill mts.  I can email you a picture of it if you like. The size is about 6x9.  there is some damage (some of the painting on the side has rubbed off and I would like to get it repaired if possible, if it is worth it.

Thanks for your time
Michelle

Answer
Dear Michelle, I would be glad to help you. You can send jpg attachments to my email pirround@msn.com
An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature and any inscriptions and labels. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes