Fine Art/old painting

Question
hi
i have recently bought a painting of a vase and flowers by
Jean rasey can you help me this painting looks very old
has old sticker on back has been ripped in to but still can see name which is George and rowney & co Ltd London
thank you so much for your time

graeme gallacher

Answer
Hello Graeme,

I did a quick search for Jean Rasey and could not find an artist by that name. I did find that George Rowney & Co. of London has been manufacturing artist materials since 1789 and therefore your sticker relates to where the canvas was purchased. Is it canvas?

You can email photos of the painting including CLEAR images of the signature, the overall painting, the back of the painting,any other marks or areas of interest and the size of the art to dolly12@aol.com. Please paste your original question in the body of the email and use jpeg images of the art. I will see if I can help.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley