Fine Art/old painting

i have recently bought a painting of a vase and flowers by
Jean rasey can you help me this painting looks very old
has old sticker on back has been ripped in to but still can see name which is George and rowney & co Ltd London
thank you so much for your time

graeme gallacher

Hello Graeme,

I did a quick search for Jean Rasey and could not find an artist by that name. I did find that George Rowney & Co. of London has been manufacturing artist materials since 1789 and therefore your sticker relates to where the canvas was purchased. Is it canvas?

You can email photos of the painting including CLEAR images of the signature, the overall painting, the back of the painting,any other marks or areas of interest and the size of the art to Please paste your original question in the body of the email and use jpeg images of the art. I will see if I can help.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.