Fine Art/original work of art

Question
i bought  a floral arrangement  painting signed by  "N BALDWIN".could this be a nixford baldwin and are his paintings worth anything?how do you clean an old painting like this? it is covered with dust

Answer
First, I am not familiar with nixford baldwin and could find no records of sales of his paintings, so I don't know if they are worth anything.  Second, if you like the painting and it has lost its luster, you should get it cleaned--by a professional restorer.  Try the yellow pages or call a museum in your area, to get the name of one.

Alan Klevit