Fine Art/is it original?

Question
ihave a couple paintings and prints that i am curious if treir original and worth anything.one is a picture of mademoiselle irene by renoir.it is on like a hard cardbord stuff,and renoirs sig. is in the topright corner and it also says,it looks like 80? is it real,and worth anything?

Answer
Dear Melissa,  I doubt that the picture of mademoiselle irene by renoir is original, if it is on "hard cardboard stuff."  How do you know her name?  He didn't title his work.  Also, he usually [as do 99.9% of artists] sign in lower right.  Who knows what the 80 means?  I assume this is one of the prints.  If in color, look at it through a jeweler's loop and look for rows of dots, the sign of a reproduction.  As for paintings, if real, worth as much as a few hundred thousand dollars.  They would be on canvas, have thick oil painting on the surface, signature lower right and be hanging in a museum.  The print you have is most likely worth $20.  But enjoy it.

Alan Klevit