Fine Art/painter named sillig

Question
I have an oil painting that I have had for 35 years and the only thisg I know is it is showing a man about 65 years old who is wearing a red beret and he has a beard. It lokks like it was doen in the 18th or 19 century. Its either victor or viktor sillig, that was all the information that I have at this time. Can you please help me?

Answer
Dear Julie, This is a German artist Viktor von Sillg (1806-1870). He was born in Dresden and known for paintings and prints of military subjects. There is not much more information on him. His paintings generally sell at auction under $1,000.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes