Fine Art/painting

Question
This may be a strange question. During a lecture I attending several years ago, a physician put up a slide of a painting. The contents were: famous neurologist at a meeting - i think it had a French or Belgian name. I do not know who the painter is. I do not know in which museum it is hanging. I have a friend who is finishing a neurology residency and I wanted to get him a poster or a postcard of this painting. If you are unable to find it's name and painter - do you know who I may ask. I tried to google it and tried a local library. Thank you again. Karin

Answer
Dear Karin, I wouldn't know what a neurologist or a gaggle of neurologists would look like. I would suggest you contact the library at the Jefferson Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. They have one of the most famous medical paintings, "The Gross Clinic" by Thomas Eakins. You can find an image of this on Google.
Good luck,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes