Fine Art/painting

Question
QUESTION: We have a Georges Coulon painting. Could you please tell me where I can find Georges Coulon art work. The picture is of fruit and vases on a table. I am interested in knowing the value of my piece

ANSWER: Hello Rhonda,

I have been asked for information about Georges Coulon in the past and I have always responded back with "Georges Coulon died in 1990 and my research did not turn up a gallery that sells his work but his paintings do come up at auction from time to time."  What size is the work you have?  Is it in good condition?  Is it an original painting or some type of reproduction?

Cheers, Brent

QUESTION: The size of the painting is 2 1/2 ft wide by 4 ft long. It is in fairly good condition. It has a couple of pea size water spots,and a nail hole. Colors are still very good. It is an original oil painting with original frame.

Answer
Hello Rhonda,

You have a very large work.  Are you for certain it is an original and not simply some type of reproduction?  Assuming your work is an original painting I suggest your work has a value of $300.00 to $400.00 taking into consideration its size and condition.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke