Fine Art/painting /artist dentification

Question
I was recently given a painting that has been in the family for a while. It is of an american sailboat in a storm with a broken mast. The hull number on the boat is K1296. There is another boat off in the distance and a keg floating in the water.
The signature appears to read...S. Dumouchy 1898.
Any thoughts? I can send a picture with a close up of the sigature. I have been unable to find any such artist and was wondering if you would have any suggestions.  Thanks, Matt.

Answer
Hello Matt,

I hope this finds you well in health and spirit. Thank you for your question. Let's start with some images so that I can see the style and signature. Take as many pictures as needed to give me good images of the entire painting, the back, and a close up of the signature and email to: dolly12@aol.com. I'll see what I can do!

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley