Fine Art/painting signed C Ciappa

I have a framed painting (oil on canvas glued to board). The canvas measures 29ins wide by 22ins high. The painting is a rural scene of a shepherdess driving a flock of sheep away from the viewer down a tree-lined lane towards an open meadow with hills and a sunset in the background. The painting has a signature C. Ciappa in the bottom right hand corner. The painting is in excellent condition although there is some slight warping of the board and the brown paper backing is torn. I can provide images of the painting and signature to help identify it.
I would appreciate any information on the artist, authenticity, and value you may be able to give me.
Thank you, sincerely, Barrie de Haas  

Not having seen yours, but knowing the condition and a description of the signature, I'd guess that this piece was created by Carlos Ciappa.  Auction results for Ciappa's work from 2001 to 2006 range in price from $150 to as much as $2500.

I do not personally know much about Ciappa's work, but hopefully you can research Ciappa's artwork based on the name I've provided.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.
Best of luck,

Jeremy Mooer

Art evaluations. Appraisals for insurance purposes. General art questions. We're here to help you.

Experience is made of dealers and gallery owners who have been buying and selling art for many years. We are a team of professionals available to answer your questions.