Fine Art/pair of Tarkay originals

Hello and thank you in advance for your expertise.
In 1997 I purchased two original charcoal sketches by Itzchak Tarkay. Each sketch is approximately 20" by 24".
Both feature a lounging robust naked female.  Mr. Tarkay was present in the New Jersey gallery at the time of my purchase and would only agree to sell the work as a pair.  He also indicated that these sketches were done many years ago.  My husband recalls Mr. Tarkay saying that the subject was his mother.  I have not seen any other work by Mr. Tarkay in this style. Can you tell me anything about these sketches?

You should have them appraised. There is a niche following for this artist.  Many have heard the name but are not familiar with his images.

You should document all memories of how you aquired the works and attach the paperwork to the back of the pieces, without damaging the backing of course. 1/2 the value of a work is the story behind it.

If you want a referral to an appraiser, email me at:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.