Fine Art/picasso

Question
QUESTION: at an action bought following:
1.from "le dejeuners 1962"/pablo picasso/offset lithograph on arches wove/68 from limited edition of 150 on special paper
lithograph has 1.7.61 and II on the front
can send pcture if you want

any idea if it is real?

thank you for your help
eric
2.ale dejh

ANSWER: Where did you buy it?  What is the name of the Auction house or dealer?

Dan

QUESTION: dan,
atlantic auctions
843-j quince orchard blvd
gaithersburg md 20878
888-211-7251

they had an auction for what they called distressed lots april 2004 in baltimore
in total bought 7 pieces of art

on the back of the frame certificate from nathan daniel isen

shall i send you a dig.pic of the lithograph?

please let me know

eric

Answer
Eric, I answered your question with details that should be helpful to you?  Why the negative rating?

If you google that phone number it comes up Atlantis Auctions, not Atlantic.  The promo for the auction says the items are police siezed or confiscated goods. The only concern is that in these situations, goods are sold as is and liability is not placed on the auction house that is selling it. I doubt the auction house sent the works to the proper experts for verification because there would be quite an expense in doing so.

It's always best to do the homework before making a purchase. At this stage you will need to pay an authnticator to verify that you have the real thing.

Dan

Dan Twyman