Fine Art/please id the artist

I was given this pensil drawing by my grandmother. It belonged to my greatgrandmother. It measures approximately 17 x 24 in. At the top ot reads copyright 1892 by max jacoby NY. The signature at the bottom appears to have a double c in the spelling. _ccl___? It is a black and white of a small river with a church in the background. I can send you pictures of it if you have an email.

Dear John,
There is very little information on the artist Maxwell H. Jacoby. He was a late 19th/early 20th century artist who lived in Brooklyn, NY. He exhibited two paintngs in 1922 at the Society of Independent Artists: "A Bit of 42nd Street", and "Arrogance."

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.