Fine Art/another portrait

I sent an image to your email.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Dear Mark, Again you are in that most difficult era (18th century) to distinguish between American artists and British. Americans painted here and in England, British painted in England and here. Americans learned from the Brits (at least from their engravings). They also shared the same materials. The canvas looks to be lined. The stretcher or strainer looks a little rustic, could be provincial American or British. You can talk to any Old Master dealer and their opinions will be similar.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.