Fine Art/another portrait

Question
I sent an image to your email.  Please let me know your thoughts.

Answer
Dear Mark, Again you are in that most difficult era (18th century) to distinguish between American artists and British. Americans painted here and in England, British painted in England and here. Americans learned from the Brits (at least from their engravings). They also shared the same materials. The canvas looks to be lined. The stretcher or strainer looks a little rustic, could be provincial American or British. You can talk to any Old Master dealer and their opinions will be similar.
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes