Fine Art/portrait of 18th century lady in blue dress

I purchased this portrait several years ago from an antiques dealer.  I hs been restored & relined to a board.
I know there has been touch up to the dress, but would need
a black light to see if there is work done on the face.
Could you give me any idea of who the artist may have been.
Is it American or English?  I think the quality of the work
is very high & it appears to be from the 18th century.
Thanks again.
PS - I just want to mention further information that I
have found about some paintings that you helped me with
earlier this year.  You identified my landscape as Alexander
Wyant, but suggested that I may have ruined the painting by attempting to clean it myself.  I took that painting to
an art restoration expert who tell me I just did the
heqavy lifting for her that the painting is intact.  When
she restores it properly it will look great.
Also a pair of small portraits that you identified as very
early 19th century bur were unable to identify specifically.
At least one of the paintings definitly is the work of Charles Delin a painter from Amsterdam who specialized in quick portraits of amercian sea captains.  Mainly from Newburyport Mass
& Salem.  I am now conversing with the people at the Newburyport historical society & museum and may have found the sitter identity.
Thanks for your Help!

Fred, You did not send the images I require.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.