Fine Art/print identification and value?

Question
Alan,
 A neighbor called me the other night to identify a print he found in a garbage dump.  I am a librarian so I do know how to find people with answers.  The print has Le Roy 1896 in the bottom right hand corner.  It consists of three game birds hanging upside down from a string going to a nail on the wall.  One bird appears to be a pheasant.  The other a quail, and one bird with a long beak I can't at the moment identify.  Could this be a print from 1896?  Is it worth anything?  Note:  The frame does look like it is from the 1800's with a thin wood backing although some clear tape with nylon for strength was found also holding the print in the frame.  Thanks for your help.  

Answer
Alan [great name!]:  the name and date simply tells when the original was done, as the artist probably signed it that way.  In all likelihood, it is an offset lithograph [4-color separation reproduction] of the original.  An A. LeRoy painting was offered for auction about 13 years ago--no sign of any lithographs.  Probably worth $10.  Alan Klevit

check out Alan's latest book, Art Collecting 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit