Fine Art/professor henry lewis

Question
i have a painting 18 x40 approx. signed h lewis. it is a landscape. is it worth any thing. my wife got it from her grandfather.1920s?

Answer
Dear George, I assume your reference is to the St. Louis artist Henry Lewis (1819-1904). There are many variables to consider, as far as value: condition of the painting, desirability of the subject, identification of the location of the landscape, date, frame, etc. Through the past ten years I have only found a few auction prices, from $1,000 to $5,000. If you could send a jpg. image to my email, perhaps I could give you more information. danh.57@mindspring.com
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes