Fine Art/professor henry lewis

i have a painting 18 x40 approx. signed h lewis. it is a landscape. is it worth any thing. my wife got it from her grandfather.1920s?

Dear George, I assume your reference is to the St. Louis artist Henry Lewis (1819-1904). There are many variables to consider, as far as value: condition of the painting, desirability of the subject, identification of the location of the landscape, date, frame, etc. Through the past ten years I have only found a few auction prices, from $1,000 to $5,000. If you could send a jpg. image to my email, perhaps I could give you more information.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.