Fine Art/I have a question..

Hey Dolly, I was hoping that you could provide some help with a
print I was interested in. The link is:
The artist is E. Mille who I am unfamiliar with. If you could, Would
you be able to provide as much information as possible and a
rough estimate as well? Thank you so much for your time.  Tyler

Hello Tyler,

The photographs are terrible and personally I would not buy anything I could not see more clearly. There appears to be some water intrusion and I would question the large smudge to the right of the image. Having a wood backing could also create additional damage to the print that is yet unseen.

I am not sure that the artist is Mille. Mille is French for thousand and I am thinking it may be an edition or printerís notation. There is a 19th century French artist by the name of Marie Duchateau, but I cannot find any images other than landscapes.

It reminds me of prints from La Mode Illustree Magazine. My opinion is that these types of lithos are fairly common and if you like the image, maybe check out other options where you will get better images and condition. The frame shows damage and is rather unremarkable as well.

If you love the image, offer $10 and see what happens. The shipping seems a bit high at $35 so even with a low offer; you will be paying close to $50 for the print. I personally feel you can do better elsewhere.  

Good luck!

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.