Fine Art/raeburn print

Question
l  have a print of boy with rabbit
in original frame
on the back is written wedding present 1940 april 13th from Rev and Mrs LAWSON St Michaels church Shrewsbury
label says The Medici Societyltd
m.c. no g006
artist Raeburn
title boy with a rabbit
london and liverpool   M rom 9-38
can you throw any light on this and if its worth anything please
lynn

Answer
Hello Lynn,

Thank you for your question. Your print; Boy with Rabbit; is after a painting by Scotlandís best known painter, Sir Henry Raeburn (1756 - 1823). There were many releases of this print by various printers and they are still being released today as giclees on canvas. Most of the vintage prints of this image were done in the 1920ís. Sir Henry painted the original oil on canvas in 1814 and did not release it as a print in his lifetime. There are many listed on EBay, including vintage, and the average price at this time is $10. Unfortunately these prints are in abundance and do not currently command a decent price. Often I have seen the print in antique frames that are worth much more than the print.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly  

Dolly D Headley