Fine Art/red watermill

hello i have a 3 foot painting with a plaque that says red watermill and the name thomas also a signature in the left bottom corner that says e thomas there is a boy drinking from a stream with a dog and a girl and some geese with 3 to four dirt roads i got it from a older lady at a yard sale she said it was an antique but she got tired of keeping it from getting ruined on the back it says a cameo creation

Hello Carin,  Based on your description you have a reproduction of a painting by German 19th Century artist Ernst Thomas.  The reason I say reproduction is that Cameo Creations, an English company I believe, produced many reproduction works in 1940/50s.  If you look closely with a magnifying glass you should be able to tell that it is not an original work of art.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.