Fine Art/rico tomasso

my husband has an old painting we found signed by rico Tomasso.. there is no name or date, it looks like an original.  the subject is fruit, strawberries spilling out of a bowl with handles on it's side, with 1 whole apple and apple that has been cut, a light green/brown and yellow teapot with handle a bronze color coffee pot sitting on a small plate and a blue coffee cup,  there is also 2 books stacked behind,  all of this is on a talbe with a white cloth on half the table?  do you have any idea the name or what this might be worth.

Thank you for the question.

Here is an answer from one of my fellow experts here.

Rico TOMASO (1898-1985), was born in Chicago, but lived most of his life in N.Y. He is known for paintings and illustration. His work hit a peak at auction in the late nineties. Of note, there must be 50 posts on an art website by people who own Tomaso paintings and want to know their value. My suggestion is you find a local resource for appraisal, or contact on the art auction houses to get their opinion. Illustration House ( has sold several of his works and may be able to give you an estimate.

The highest price today paid at auction is $6600. It was a figurative interior scene titled “Introduction at a Formal Party”.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.