Fine Art/the road. - winter Currier and Ives

Question
Dear Dolly I have a lithograph (the road. - winter Currier and Ives)appraised as an origional. However I am concerned because it is only 8.5 by 10". Do you think this is a print? and not origional? Thanks!! ( I had read that they were made large not small)

Answer
Dear Mary,

I hope you are doing well. The Currier & Ives lithograph titled; "The Road-Winter" and it's companion piece; "The Road-Summer" were released in the large folio format of prints over 14" x 20" (exclusive of margins).

According to the C&I catolog of prints by Frederic Cunningham; The Road-Winter's originally released size was 17.11 x 26.8 inches. Remember that the size of C&I prints are listed as the image area only and does not include margins.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley