Fine Art/robert adler 1913-2007 & Fr Laubnitz

QUESTION: Dear Dan Thank you for responding so quickly!

My mother lived in Vienna Margareatengurtle I have the address in all my papers.

The gentlemen robert adler was from Vienna a family friend who emigrated to Chicago and was a doctorate in physics.  Hebecame famous for his inventions of many things including the hand controls for televisions.  He worked for Zenith.  He patent more than 150 projects and published over 45 technical papers.  He also supported the Art Institute of Chicago.
I also have an enormous print of Fr Laubnitz in a guilded frame.  I also have a picture from Fr Setioleu, the u has a little tick on the top, Also H Zatzka.  
Are you familiar of any of these artists?

Kindest regards

Alice Bibby

ANSWER: Sounds like you need quite a bit of research done.

Here is an example of one of the artists names you mentioned.

Hans Zatzka was born on March 8, 1859 in Vienna to a builder. He grew up in the 19th disctrict of Vienna, Breitenseer Strasze 2. (Throughout his life, he never left this home for a longer period of time)

His gift for fine arts already became apparent at an early age. He went to the Academy of Fine Arts from 1877 to 1882, where he studied under Prof. Blaas with much success and was awarded the Golden Fügermedal in 1880. He made several study trips to Italy, later he practised fresco, paitings in churches and portraits. He developed a special interest in genre pictures, ideal depictions of women and cupids

At the age of 26 he got his first significant, public engagement: the ceiling fresco at "Kurhaus Baden" in the vicinity of Vienna. Depicted was "The Naiad of Baden" (originally called "Badener Quellennymphe") with cupids and historical inscriptions.

Hans Zatzka lived on religious art, the painting of churches and altarpieces. He lived in his homely study; absorbed in his work, he never took apprentices or accepted teaching engagements.

The only opportunity his family had to see him was during meals. He painted until the age of 80. On Jul 9th, 1945, the Viennese then-vicemayor Kuntschak himself suggested in writing to subsecretary Prof. Dr. Karl Lugmayer at Minoritenplatz that the 87 year old painter be made professor

On August 16th, 1945 the headmaster of the Academy of Fine Arts reported that the professorial council had unanimously approved of the ministerial proposal.

Hans Zatzka died on December 17th, 1945.

QUESTION: could you tell me how I would find out what the paintings are worth please. As I need to sell them for my mother

In the world of fine art, there is no such thing as a Free appraisal. I can refer you to someone that is qualified, they have their own fee's etc.  If you need the referral, email me at:,  so I can reply in a secure email.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.