Fine Art/robert woods art

Question
HI there,
My parents have 2 Robert Woods art pieces in their basement.
They are on a thick backing of some sort. 1 is the  Grand Tetons and has his signature with 56 underneath it. How do you tell if it is original or repo? The other one is another grand tetons but a different print with only his name in the corner. The one print looks like it has brush strokes all over it. If you can give some info on these 2 paintings that would be great.  Thank You!  

Answer
Shelley--a print is not a painting.  It is a print.  The signature was reproduced along with the image when the painting was photographed, probably with the 4-color separation process.  In short, you have prints, not originals.  Alan Klevit.

check out Alan's latest book, Art Collecting 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit