Fine Art/Where to send Pictures, etc?

Where can I send pictures of artwork for identification, etc. without being asked to subscribe first or pay some kind of fees?

Hello Michael,

It all depends where you live.  I always suggest to people to seek out an expert in their own community first for shipping artwork/objects is when problems can occur.  No reputable dealer/appraiser will ever charge you a fee just to look at something to determine if it is worth appraising or researching further.  

You are welcome to email me images of what you require assistance identifying and I will try and help you the best I can given the limitations of this form of communication.  My email address is .  I need good quality images of the front and back of each work and be sure to include what size they are.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.