Fine Art/signed prints

Question
i have six toulouse latrec singed prints and am curious if they have any value

Answer
Dear HL,

Without doubt, Lautrec posters and prints are some of the most published images in the world. The most valuable of the Lautrec lithographs and posters are from the original printings in the late 19th century and early 20th. There are later posthumous printings that fetch several hundred to thousands, depending on the image and release. The average price overall for original Lautrec work is under $5000. There are a few very rare period lithos that can fetch up to $80,000 and more. Hand signatures are extremely rare. I sometimes see some “hand signed” Lautrec’s on eBay and I am at a loss when I see people spend money on these obvious fake signatures.

There is no way to tell you whether you have originals and from what printing they come from without visual inspection in person. A professional will be able to identify paper, size, printing method, watermarks and printers marks. If you think you may have originals, you can solicit the services of an art expert in your area to authenticate for you. If you already have authentication and certificates that define the edition, I can probably get some comparable auction pricing for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley