Fine Art/signed prints

i have six toulouse latrec singed prints and am curious if they have any value

Dear HL,

Without doubt, Lautrec posters and prints are some of the most published images in the world. The most valuable of the Lautrec lithographs and posters are from the original printings in the late 19th century and early 20th. There are later posthumous printings that fetch several hundred to thousands, depending on the image and release. The average price overall for original Lautrec work is under $5000. There are a few very rare period lithos that can fetch up to $80,000 and more. Hand signatures are extremely rare. I sometimes see some “hand signed” Lautrec’s on eBay and I am at a loss when I see people spend money on these obvious fake signatures.

There is no way to tell you whether you have originals and from what printing they come from without visual inspection in person. A professional will be able to identify paper, size, printing method, watermarks and printers marks. If you think you may have originals, you can solicit the services of an art expert in your area to authenticate for you. If you already have authentication and certificates that define the edition, I can probably get some comparable auction pricing for you. I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.