Fine Art/How do I tell if the painting I bought is real or fake?

Question
Good Afternoon!! I was at a theift store today and found a very nice painting and it was signed by a G. Clausen ....  It is with two younger girls maybe ages 13 - 16. They are putting pink roses into a vase. One of them is looking down and the other is looking at the vase. They are both waring white long selve shirts. On the back of the picture frame states National Picture & Frame Co. and there address. And under that the numbers 772 - 6425...  Could you please let me know how to see if this is a fake or real painting? Is it worth anything? The name is in the left hand corner and in black. Please help me as I am no art expert. Thanks so much for your time.  

Answer
No way I could tell for sure without looking, but it sounds like a reproduction.  Not a fake, mind you, just a reproduction of a painting.  I wouldn't pay much for it--as much as the pleasure you get from it is worth--under a hundred dollars.  Good luck.

Alan Klevit