Fine Art/toulouse lautrec

Question
Hi I have a print by toulouse lautrec it has some age.I was wondering if you could help me.I is framed in glass gilt frame and the title is "the seated clowness".It is signed in pencil on the right de lautrec and on the left 434/500 also in pencil.Could you give me any advice on it if possible it is in perfect condition but dont know enough on how to know if it is valuable.thanks annmac

Answer
I am not an expert on Lautrec, but I have a few thoughts.  500 seems far too large for a lithograph edition at the turn of the century; look at the image through a jeweler's loop and see if there are rows of dots [if there is color].  That would indicate an offset [reproduction] lithograph.  Finally, call someone like Sotheby's and tell them you have a piece for auction.  Perhaps there expert in that area can tell you if it is real.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

NOTE:  check out Alan latest book, ART COLLECTING 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit