Fine Art/tretchiko

Not really a question. You had an inquiry from someone looking for a painting by Tretchiko of a lady with a blue face. I have one and am looking for information on it. It was acquired from a couple who were photographers. He was in the military during the war and traveled extensively. They seemed to like Japenese art. I have a painting (I guess) approximately 24 by 20. Black frame (bamboo styling). Also have from this home, a tooled copper picture of a Japenese girl, paper framed with the following stamped on the back: " A Wanda Irwin Original" genuine tooled copper or brass. Copyright 1948 by Philip Irwin Company, Inglewood Calif."  Any help would be appreciated. Sincerely, Peggy Lotridge

Dear Peggy, I regret that I ever answered the first inquiry regarding Blue Ladies by Tretchiko. They are ubiquitous, it seems that every family in America has one (and I have heard from them). They are very commercial productions, much like the Walter Keane productions of children with large round eyes. They have value only to collectors of Kitsch. Your other item is out of my area of expertise.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.