Fine Art/unknown artist of painting

Question
I bought a very old painting at an antique shop in Northern California. The dealer said the painting was brought to him by a wealthy resident that sails to Europe a lot. The sailor had brought this back from his travels and put it in the shop to sell. No info was known, except that it is a genuine, very old canvas & painting. It's a French, street scene. It has a small Cabaret, as one building in the street scene. It is an oil painting on canvas. It's hard to tell exactly what the artists name is. It looks like, Kerwin, or Darwin, or Aerwin? I know the last 3 letters are "win". I am trying to learn information about this painting. Any ideas?

Thank You, Kisstrin Kaikkonen

Answer
Dear Kisstrin, If you like you can send jpg images to my email at pirround@msn.com  An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature would be best. Also include the size of the painting, and any information on labels or tags. Make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes