Fine Art/unknown artist of painting

I bought a very old painting at an antique shop in Northern California. The dealer said the painting was brought to him by a wealthy resident that sails to Europe a lot. The sailor had brought this back from his travels and put it in the shop to sell. No info was known, except that it is a genuine, very old canvas & painting. It's a French, street scene. It has a small Cabaret, as one building in the street scene. It is an oil painting on canvas. It's hard to tell exactly what the artists name is. It looks like, Kerwin, or Darwin, or Aerwin? I know the last 3 letters are "win". I am trying to learn information about this painting. Any ideas?

Thank You, Kisstrin Kaikkonen

Dear Kisstrin, If you like you can send jpg images to my email at  An image of the front, the back, and a close-up of the signature would be best. Also include the size of the painting, and any information on labels or tags. Make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.