Fine Art/valario laccetti

What a great site, Been searching for data on valario laccetti   i own  an oil done by laccetti on  wood board,aprox size...15x20 and signed lower right corner. I bought it for 5.00 some years back in a junk store that clears out deceased peoples homes. It is very old and has deep umber brown tones and consists of cattle at rest in a barn. I read that Christie in europe auctioned some of this artist work. can you tell me if my board painting would have value, and who would i take  it to, to be evaluate by as i would like to sell it. im located in new york. thanks so much.

Dear Emma, I believe you are inquiring about the Italian artist Valerico Laccetti (1836-1909). Except for the major artists, Italian art is not universally popular right now. You can send photos and description to the European Painting departments at Sotheby's and Christie's in New York. They are reducing their selling of lower end items, so you may have to approach a smaller auction house in New York state.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.